For more than a decade, Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation has collaborated with organizations serving children with special needs and their families to design customized camps, retreats and other curricula.
Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation’s core values are to:
- Respect and respond to the interests of individuals with special needs, their families and the organizations that support them.
- Lift the spirits of children with special needs by providing them with the opportunity to enjoy the wonders of camp, the beauty of nature and the human-animal connection.
- Ensure that every camp program promotes self-esteem, encourages independence and personal growth, and facilitates connections between individuals facing similar challenges.
- Offer a place of beauty, serenity and safety where campers can experience the joys of nature and the healing that comes from the unconditional love, comfort and acceptance offered by animals.
- Protect the interests of the special animals residing at Whispering Hope Ranch.
While significant milestones have been marked over the past decade, including expansion of the fully accessible overnight facility in 2005 and an ever growing number of partnerships with children’s health organizations, WHRF recognizes that many individuals with special needs are not represented by a community organization.
As such, WHRF endeavors to reach even more in our community who would most benefit from the healing environment of Whispering Hope Ranch.